Followers

Monday, November 30, 2009

Thank you card OBSESSION

I totally am obsessed with thank you cards. I love buying them, I feel the urgency to send them almost immediately. However, I think this is a dying art form. With Internet and e-cards, so many people shoot an email of thanks. I think that NOTHING BEATS a snail mail note in the mail. Plus, every year for my birthday and Christmas, one of my gifts would be thank you cards (and possibly stamps) and my mother told me I had less than a week to get them out. Now, I do them almost immediately.

My mother is STILL angry that she didn't get a thank you card for a wedding present she went to in 2001.... Seriously.

I am obsessed with snail mail - to me, minus the bills, it is like Christmas every day. I sometimes will just snail mail an article I read to someone because it reminds me of them or it is something I think he/she may find interesting. I also mail calendar pages (one a days) to people AFTER their birthday so they get to see their birthday kitty. I am sure MOST people throw these away, but there is definite sentiment in me sending them...

I think this also fuels my obsession to send cards to people for birthdays, anniversaries, mother's/father's day... I just like people to know I acknowledge them...

Sometimes I will send a thank you card for a kind gesture, not even an actual, tangible thing... I think it is important to let people know you appreciate them and their actions.

My biggest thing is sending a thank you card after a job interview. I can't believe that people don't know about this or just don't do it... IT IS KEY!!!!

Don't feel the need to send me a thank you card after reading this - it is just a little present from me to you!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

You are so right! I wish I was more like you and sent more mail. I always love seeing something from you in the mailbox!