Followers

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Why I don't driver on 7/4

I am a fraidy-cat, that's why... I have had multiple MVA's - I was hit by a pizza delivery guy, I rear-ended someone in Maine, and I was hit by a mustang in a Wal-Mart parking lot all on 7/4. I also got my first (and only - knock on wood) speeding ticket on 7/4. PLUS, my last accident, which was 12/8/2007 - the guy driving the car that ripped off my bumper, his date of birth was 7/4....

With all that being said, I am not agoraphobic today, I just REFUSE to drive. I just got a text from a friend asking me to come to a BBQ at her house. I explained that I don't drive and to quote her she said, "EVEN IF YOU DRIVE NOW"? I wanted to say, "Is today STILL 7/4"?

Last year I have great memories of a great day, I was chauffeured all day and there was the start of a budding romance as well... 1 year later, sitting in my apartment, drinking white wine, it just started raining and my DVR is empty... Oh well... I have three movies from Netflix (Taken, Revolutionary Road, and Bride Wars... Sounds like a fun filled day!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

I LOVED all 3 of those movies. Enjoy your 4th of July. Nothing wrong with a little wine to share it with!