Followers

Monday, December 7, 2009

Silent night

Weird. I don't know what my problem is. I know that I personally watch TV really loud. However, I have an aversion to BASS (not the fish, the loud stuff in music, specifically rap)... I don't even have the bass on in my car.

I hate it when I am sitting in my apartment and hear bass - and it hasn't really happened before tonight. First someone steals my fed ex package and now someone is blaring bass. Okay, so I don't know what happened to me in my life that it causes me to get SO ANGRY when I can hear bass in my apartment... It gets me so fed up that every time I hear it, I have to pause or mute the TV and make sure it is really what I am hearing, and guess what - it is really what I am hearing...

So, it angers me so much, it makes my heart race and tonight I actually had to leave my house and go and do something for a little bit to calm back down... In leaving my apartment, NO LIE, when I got to my car and turned it on -the radio started to play KID ROCK. It wasn't my Ipod or a CD - it was WHEB playing BAWITABA. I totally had a Kid Rock moment...

After my Kid Rock moment, I get back and now all I can hear is bass. I have even turned up my own TV to the point that it is really loud. You know, this bass isn't even really that loud, but it hurts my head. I don't know what about bass bothers me. Heck, I love Lance Bass.

I think it brings me back to being in a noisy dorm room, or living in Emerald Court when I was student teaching and just hearing bam bam bam of the bass when I was trying to sleep. It gets me all worked up, gives me a head ache and sadly, it makes me feel like I have to leave my apartment...

I just want to turn my TV down and not hear boom boom boom. Why does bass make me so unhappy? It gives me slight anxiety (or makes my heart race and makes it hard for me to breath)... isn't that weird? Why does it make me get all worked up? Normal people get worked up about spiders or lightening. I get all a flutter (not in a good way) about hearing bass in my apartment.

Do I think that I won't be able to sleep? I don't know... But it disrupts me.

2 comments:

ldolloph said...

I don't think it's weird. I think it's annoying and discourteous. I'd rather hear noise than bass. It reminds me of the kid next door in Concord. Great kid, but he got a drum set. I could hear it even with the windows closed. But I could only hear the humdrum banging, not the music. ANNOYING!

Mama Mia said...

Aw..e court