Followers

Friday, May 15, 2009

Katie 2k9 - NEW EDITION

I have decided that for the past 33 years I have lived my life for everyone else other than Katie Mills. I have also decided that it is time for me to only worry about myself, my well being and put myself first.

For 33 years I have put the well being, feelings, concerns of everyone else before mine. I have been a people pleaser. I thought that if I was concerned with helping everyone else that it would in turn make me happy. I have finally learned that I was wrong.

Months back I came to an epiphany that out of all the people on this planet, not a single person has the priority or necessity to put me as his/her number one priority... I was wrong. I AM THAT PERSON, IT IS ME!

At age 33 I am a brand new version of myself, a new and improved Katie Mills - Katie 2K9. This version is not going to let people use her niceness for their personal gain or appear to have welcome tattooed across her back. This Katie is going to look at things with a whole new light and do things that will be for her own greater good. This is superbly important. I have been riding through life barely participating in my own journey but directly influencing other people's journeys. None the less, it hasn't always been reciprocated. I do a lot of things that aren't really reciprocated back to me and that is going to end.

The only thing that I don't wish to end is my obsession to send people cards for birthdays and anniversaries. My birthday is my favorite day of the year so I feel it is gravely important to let people know I remember his/her day. I got 4 birthday cards this year. 4. 3 from family, one from a friend. I kept the card up from my friend until last week. The card almost made me weep. See, that's why I send them. So, even though the card may not be reciprocated, I know it touches SOMEONE as much as that 1 card I got from a friend touched me.

Katie 2k9 is out there, keeping her own best interest in mind and that's it. She is a very happy camper and enjoying each minute of her new role in her own life.

2 comments:

H said...

YAY for you!

ldolloph said...

You rock Katie! You gotta love looking out for number 1!!! Thanks for the cards to Andy and I. We opened them tonight when we returned from Seattle. You are so thoughtful and Andy and I appreciate it very much!