Followers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Oink you swine flu

At church yesterday there were papers left in the pews for everyone to read about the NH Catholic Church's response to the SWINE FLU. Smart idea to leave them in the pews for everyone to touch and then LEAVE for the next group ofkids/people to put their paws on and get infected with the previous person's germs. My church is wicked smart... I digress. The NH Catholic Church will now skip over the actual "Peace be with you part" so shaking hands or kissing will not occur and pass the swine flu around. But it is okay to leave a paper in the pew? Interesting.

Nonetheless, Sunday at Mass, the priest skipped it all together - no wishing peace upon our fellow parishioners (I don't think I am a registered parishioner, but you know what I mean) and it just felt wrong. I heard that at the church I grew up going to they gave everyone a thumbs up. Why not be creative with this - revive the high five, or at least the high five from far away (a classic in my eyes).

I also heard on the radio this morning that this swine flu is no different than a seasonal flu. See, here is my problem, first they blame cows for mad cow and now the pigs for swine flu. What are you going to do next, blame the Easter bunny for obesity in children?

4 comments:

H said...

You know, I had the same thought about the papers in the pew and wondered why they didn't do it as an insert to the bulletin. Did we talk about this or are we just on the same wavelength?

ps - Oh holy hell is that textsfromlastnight site HILARIOUS!

Korey said...

I HATE shaking hands with people so i love that they are doing away with this for the time being. also hate SINGING the our father and holding hands with everyone.

but i am one of those people that doesnt love hugging friends all the time either!

haha

Korey said...

that 'korey' is from me, lorraine

ldolloph said...

Hi! I didn't even know you were going to church. I learn something new about you all the day! Oh, and my word verification to post this is "afflu"...coincidence?