Followers

Sunday, March 22, 2009

What is the probablity of that?

I am wicked awesome at stating the obvious... Therefore, you already know that I am a dork. To elaborate further, I went to Broken Ground Elementary school Thursday morning to purchase tickets to a musical that Kids In Action is presenting starting March 26th. My friends' kids are in the production and I sincerely enjoy going to their extracurricular events to let them know that I care about them and support them in what they are doing. Kids In Action is presenting FIDDLER ON THE ROOF which is one of my ALL TIME or possibly my favorite musical ever, so that doesn't hurt either.

Okay, I digress, so I head into Broken Ground and go to the office and advise whomever that I was there to purchase tickets for the show. I wait in the office patiently for said person to go and find out where I can obtain tickets. She returns and asks me to follow her (BTW, there are a lot of kids who play the violin at Broken Ground... WHO KNEW?) So, I head down the hallway and for some reason I am stopped while a herd of kids has to pass by or something and I hear a voice say, "MISS MILLS!" so I turn around in my tracks and the woman standing RIGHT next to me turns to the voice and says, "Yes!" I was in awe. What is the probability that I am standing right next to another Miss Mills right at the same time as someone calls out her/my name? Seriously? Isn't that crazy?

Anyone who knows how to do the math and figure out the probability on that, could you let me know? My guess is like one in at least a cazillion.

Also, what I thought was interesting, and is basically just a side note, is that after the 'Miss Mills' occurrence, I was brought to the appropriate person to purchase tickets, which was the music teacher. She asked me to follow her into the music room which I, of course, did. In that moment, I really think that she was trying to size me up to see if I was a child molester or something (I am completely overreacting, to this I am almost 100% certain) but she was asking me why I wanted to see the show and who I knew that was in it and why I only wanted to buy one ticket. Does that sound odd to anyone else? I am sure it is most likely small talk but I just found it rather interesting that she HAD to know who I was coming to see and why I was coming alone. I should have said something very sarcastically like because I am a sad, sad person in this world and I honestly have no friends and I very well may have leprosy... but I bit my tongue and just spoke the truth. However, in retrospect, am I right in thinking it was really none of her business? Or have things become more strict, especially in elementary schools, as to who can come to events or not?

No comments: