Followers

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Courtesy

I am so "Big Brother is watching me" it is sad. I refuse to get a bank account because I am sick of ATM fees and overdraft fees and all that BS. I refuse to get the easy pass (because I don't have a bank account) and I don't want the DOT in my business. In order to cash my paycheck, I go to wal-mart (hence all the posts about wal-mart). This morning I got up early so I could cash my paycheck and also put some money on my H&R Block card. I go to the customer service desk and waited behind a very filthy man with chicken legs.

When it is my turn to do my business, this woman on a cell phone walks up about 5 inches behind me and waits. When someone is in front of me in line, I give them a wide birth so they don't feel crowded, this woman was all up in my kool-aid and it was making me WICKED uncomfortable. Then, still on her cell phone, interrupts the Customer Service person to say that she has been waiting in line for far too long and has to be to work in 10 minutes and needs her transaction to be quick. She starts bitching and moaning about how so many people have just walked by her that are Wal-Mart employees but no one can run a register. Now, honestly, I have thought the same things, but not aloud to the lone employee who is working her ass off, you know? The rude, personal space invader keeps spewing out and I actually said aloud, "YOU NEED TO SHUT YOUR FACE". She didn't hear me because she was still on the phone.

The reason why I think there should be courtesy in line because I cashed my work check and that is pretty substantial and she was literally causing me a wedgie (THAT'S HOW UP MY ASS SHE WAS). The employee was counting back my payroll check and this woman, who said she was going to work in 10 minutes but had on umbro gym shorts, was breathing down my neck DEFINITELY making plans to pick pocket me.

What pleased me is that the Customer Service lady took her sweet ass time doing my request. LOVE HER. Wanted to go back and check in with her after I went and bought my peppermint chap stick (another story) but I didn't want to be late myself.

My question - when you stand behind someone in a line and they move up to the counter, what is your courtesy personal space zone? I give like 5 feet, I swear! Sometimes when people go up to a bank counter or a customer service desk they need their space/room for privacy, why doesn't everyone feel that way?

No comments: