Followers

Friday, August 7, 2009

Leaving Las Vegas

Yesterday whilst driving to work, the radio show I listen to was discussing the amount of drinks a person can drink TO KILL HIM/HERSELF... What? It was if a person sat down and drank one right after the other (no food, no break) and obviously not for shits and giggles to try out, but for a "Leaving Las Vegas-type of purpose".

Just a side note from the point of this blog for a moment... Have you seen Leaving Las Vegas? That movie has scared me for life. Yes, Nicholas Cage's character wanted to die. Yes, he wanted to drink himself to death. Yes, he met a hooker and ultimately fell in love with her... THIS IS WHERE I WOULD HAVE CHANGED MY MIND, you see. Once I found someone, hooker or not, and fell in love I would have put down the bottle. Nonetheless, like most men, Nicholas Cage's character had a plan and he couldn't derail from that. RUBBISH...

Okay - so a 200lb man would presumably kill himself if he sat down and drank the following (not all of them together because OF COURSE that would wreak havoc on one's innards but each amount of one liquor would shut a guy down for good).

23 Tequila shots
10 Long Island Ice Teas (and honestly back in the day I think I cam close to this amount once)
27 Glasses of RED WINE
32 Bud Light Bottles (I think I know some sigma brothers who have tried that and survived!)

Now a 130lb woman:
13 Shots of Rum
14 Margaritas
15 (or 13 because it was hard to drive, listen and write this down) Appletini's
The last one i missed the number but I think it was 10 pints of Guinness (but that doesn't seem like too much)...

However, this is sitting down and just drinking like you were in a Nathan's Hot dog eating contest. I didn't post this for my friends to take this as a challenge. Albeit, I am sure some people heard this on the radio and thought, "I WILL PROVE THEM WRONG". That is not my point. While I love a drink as much as the next guy, I can't imagine sitting down and saying, "Good-bye cruel world, may I have another". That's where I am a silver lining kind of girl...

No comments: