Followers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

No I in team

Last night we had a scrimmage with The Nutcrackers at the beginning of practice. I did stats for scrimmage. It was interesting to watch the scrimmage at the beginning of the practice because it is like HURRY up and watch and then jump right into practice. Whereas, the girls that scrimmaged are all warmed up.

We got through the scrimmage and started practice. It was an endurance practice. Yikes. I haven't really had much opportunity to build up my stamina and build endurance. I get nervous because my legs tire so easily.

We did a drill that was a team drill. One team did a pace line and the other team did a pack. The first couple of people that had to fight through the pack, I was ready to go. I was blocking people and I actually surprised myself, I kind of just looked over my shoulder and tried to block a few people. However, the speed of the pack and the amount of time/people going through the drill, I was just pooped and I got dizzy... So, I had to step out. I got a sip of water and got back in. Then, I attempted to continue the pack drill. I do think that Harmony Lix whipped me ahead of the pack. Well, I did that a little bit more then I got dizzy and pooped again. So, after getting some water I just continued to skate around the group. I hate that I can't keep up. This will come though, I have faith it will.

We did a relay drill where we ran on our toe stops, the duck walked, stopped however we wanted to then sprinted back. I was told by members on my team that a few times I brought the team back to the lead.. That is so awesome to hear because I feel like something just clicked!

The last drill of the night, we had to get back into our original group and was told that we had to do 40 laps as a team! I nearly shat my pants. Um, I was on a team of all veterans and amazing skaters. Immediately my team pulled together and moved me to the front and did EVERYTHING they could to make sure that we would do this all together. For close to 40 laps, I skated and then was pushed from behind and then literally pulled by Chicana. Seriously...
When those 40 laps were over, I got a little teary about how awesome everyone worked together to come to a common goal, completing 40 lapse TOGETHER. Amazing.

I know there is no I in team, but I am so glad that there is ROOM FOR ME!

1 comment:

Chicana Bruzya said...

Just read ur blog for the first time..Love ur writing. N luv you xoxox DKB rocks

Chicana