Followers

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Three things to RAVE about

Lately I feel all I have been doing is complaining - today I would like to BLATANTLY sing the praises of a few things.

First and foremost, my friend Cory Lee recommended a series of books to me, which I am now on the 3rd in the series (which is being held for me at the Concord Public Library as we speak). It is the Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich. These are MINDLESS books but fun to read and I am unable to put them down. Stephanie is a girl in her early thirties who decides to become a BOUNTY HUNTER to make money. They are considered mysteries but they are just good, fun books to read. I recommend them. What I also recommend is going to your public library and getting a book out from there. Nothing beats the smell of a library book.

Secondly, I think HEROES is probably the BEST SHOW on television. I know it is very sci-fi, but it is like a huge ONION, with so many different layers that I actually think there was a second onion on the inside hidden somewhere with twice as many layers. I really thought I was figuring it out and understanding and then BAM- something new and exciting ALWAYS HAPPENS. At first I thought we should just KILL THE DAMN CHEERLEADER ALREADY because the reason she can't die is because she wears WICKED tight clothes. But now there is more depth to all of it... I can't wait for next week. Plus, I have a massive crush on Sylar and I totally thought him and Elle were going to pork right there on the screen last night.

And finally - I bought some make up at Walgreen's - I know it was the cheap stuff, Wet'nWild - but it sometimes better to try something out cheap and if you like it, you know Lancome probably has the good stuff. Well, I found this sparkly eyeliner and mascara and it is my new favorite thing and when I purchased it, it was buy one get one free. NOTHING BEATS A BOGO. It is called I-Sparkle and if you like sparkly eyeliner, you gotta give it a shot - and it looks AWESOME when you line the top lid too!

So, I now recommend you try these things and let me know, or better yet - fill me in on three of your FAVORITE things and I will check them out - I totally accept ALL referrals.

No comments: