Followers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Practice #6 Scrimmage with the Nutcrackers

You should she the posts on my facebook page from some of my teammates after Thursday's practice:

You did amazing tonight Katie!! I'm so proud of you for trying new things... So brave!!

I can't believe she just started skating a few weeks ago!!!

Skatey Kat..short and sweet...you rocked on the track tonight! :O)

Skatey Kat rocks and is MY inspiration! You keep up that good work and you will be scrimmaging in no time!!!!

YOU are AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! you did so good last night!!!! keep up the awesome job!!!!

and my all time favorite:
You inspire me!! You don't realize how brave it was for you to do the drill with the 3 groups last night. You could have easily said I don't want to try it because I'm not ready and sat it out. You watched it and you jumped right in. AMAZEABALLS (you're amazing and have balls)!!!


It started out as just a regular practice. I believe we skated one way and did squats while skating and then did just pushing with our left leg and then right leg. After all these warm ups, we did a drill... Three different teams. One the jammer and two blockers. The jammer starts at turn one. The blocker skates out at turn 3 to block the jammer and a 2nd blocker comes out at turn 4. I was scared because the veteran skaters were actually blocking and it was like we were doing a true jam. However, for fresh meat, no contact. I did all three positions and when I was a jammer I almost got through. I got a little nervous that I was afraid I would knock down the other girls. I say this because when someone isn't completely at the same level as another person, I was afraid my inability could trip the other person or hurt the other person SOME HOW so I just kind of got nervous. I was like, "oops sorry, oops, excuse me".... That kind of stuff... But I did it!!!!

I am kind of tired of saying well, I have only been on skates 5 times or Sunday will be my seventh time on skates ever... I think that will pass.

Friday was the opening of Whip It and NHRD had a table up at Chunky's in Nashua. We got to dress up in derby gear and get our name out there and we also got free tix to see Whip It. I was so psyched to see it with my derby girls! Tonight is Appletree cinema. I volunteered again to help out, there just wasn't enough people signing up to do it. Although, I would enjoy sitting at home clearing out my DVR, I will go! I don't feel like showering but I will and get all derbied up!!!!

Can't wait for practice tomorrow. I heard it is going to be an "endurance" practice. I think that means it is going to kick my ass, but I am ready for it.

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

Glad to hear you have the support of all your teammates. You rock!