Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Practice #8 (considered a practice but not really a practice

LEAGUE MEETING...

After being a sorority sister for a very long time, Robert's rules of order is something I know well. NHRD doesn't really know how t hat works....

I have really never been to a such a disorganized meeting in my life, at least for someone who had regimented sorority meetings weekly for 4 years of college. There was a huge issue on the table... TEAMING... NHRD would encompass an travel team (Skate Free or Die) then an A League and a B league - names to come later... This information was not provided to the group ahead of time to review and read before the meeting in order to review and come prepared with questions (or at least to my knowledge).

There was no Sergeant at Arms to call on people or tell people to be quiet.

Never thought I would say this but HrX really prepared me for how meetings should be handled and run appropriately.

However, HrX never allowed us to drink beer DURING the meetings...

(I found out after the fact that a league meeting counts as a practice... I wrote in to have my DERBY NAME officially submitted to the Two Evils website... this was the response I got:

Hi Katie,
Ok, I have you on the list for the next batch of names that get sent. I'm supposed to wait until the last batch of names get registered and as of right now, Two Evils is about 5 months behind. It's ridiculous. So... please be patient.
Also, I checked your name for "uniqueness" in the Two Evils Master List and yours came up as a "high risk". That means that there is a chance Two Evils could reject your name because it is very similar to one already registered (Skate Goat). I personally, don't think they would reject yours as I've seen ones even closer that got registered.
I just wanted to warn you in case you'd rather not take the risk of waiting forever for your name to come up, only to then be rejected. If that's the case then you should send me another name. I will let you know when I am sending the new batch of names to Two Evils. Thanks... and congrats!!

Seriously... Skate Goat and Skatey Kat - so not even close.)

No comments: