Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Practice #9 Definitely not prepared!!!

We have our level one assessment on Thursdays Wasn't prepared for that as Empress Explosiva said she was going to test us Sunday...

We did a wicked long/rough drill and then Empress stared our Assessment. I knew I wouldn't pass because I can't CROSS OVER (PESKY CROSS OVERS) but I was so incapable of doing a lot of the stuff she asked us to do at the beginning... To the point where as I was skating I actually started crying... I share this because I was so embarrassed. I was certain that people were looking at me and making fun of my inability to do what everyone else in the group could do... I couldn't believe that they would expect after only being on skates that I would be able to do this... Plus, I thought they passed everybody....

Obviously I didn't pass, but let me tell you when we worked on single knee slides, rock star slides, 180 knee slides, baseball slides and 4 on the floors- I kicked ass.... However, not everyone passes... I know specifically that myself and one other person (who can do crossovers) didn't pass, I believe one more person didn't pass but I am not sure.

This means that everyone else I started with are no longer fresh meat - they are level ones... They can take hits... I don't know what it means to the other girls that didn't pass, let alone how we will be treated at our next practice... I do know there is a girl who has been a fresh meat for over a year... THAT WON'T BE ME!!!!

No comments: