Followers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Practice #7 with Speedy dan

We were given a hint that someone was going to be coming to practice and instructing us on endurance... WOWSERS. The nastiest of drills was a line of derby girls, in a line squatting and the last person in the line has to PUSH the whole line for one lap. We had about 15-20 peeps in our line. HOLY HELL!

After that, it was supposed to be a drill for people to do crossovers. PESKY crossovers. I can't do those and was slightly embarrassed to say - HEY BUDDY, I can't do these. So, Terri asked, "What about those people that don't know how to do crossovers?" (let me set the stage... there was probably 50-60 people there as we shared this training session with CMRD) Speedy dan asked for all the people who don't know how to do crossovers to come over to the corner with him... It was myself, Tallulah and some man with a long braid...

This is where it gets interesting:

Speedy dan is showing us the technique Tallulah and I understand but just can't physically do yet and has us practice standing still and crossing our right skate over our left skate....

Tallulah turned to me and said SHE WAS THE WORST SKATER ON THE LEAGUE UNTIL I STARTED!!!! I tried not take it personally but when I told my Fresh Meat girls I burst into tears. LUCKILY we were all sweaty from SPEEDY DAN's endurance training so no one would know the difference. This isn't the first time she has said something like that but the first time i blew it off as she didn't mean it that way...After all of that, she didn't even finish the rest of the practice. She went and sat down and my Fresh Meat girls rallied me on!

This really chapped my ass so I told my skater sister about this and also another skater who has been really awesome to me...

No comments: