Followers

Monday, June 22, 2009

The Barley House

Marianne came up to visit Saturday and we decided to go out. The only place I have ever really gone out to, other than Penuche's (which I think is a gay bar) is The Barley House. Although the "bouncer" was a sour puss and didn't laugh at either Marianne or my jokes, it didn't deter us from having a good time.

The bar area is kind of small but we hunkered down and started chatting up with the bar tenders - quasi handsome young men (however, I think I am in heat anyway so it doesn't matter). Marianne and I had some beers, some shots, met quite a few drunk guys and closed the place down. Even though we missed last call (which kept me from having to buy a round of shots - maybe it was sheer luck), the drinks and company were great.

While I don't think that I could walk into that place solo and hang out, I do feel better knowing I have a place I can go in Concord. Can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

Glad you girls had fun. Miss you!