Followers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Unanswered Prayers

My facebook status this afternoon was: things are so much rosier in my land of make believe!

I think that for every single action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Now, I didn't coin that theory but I believe it. Today I got a text from a friend of mine and that person was at a bar. Man oh man, did I want to have a pint or four this afternoon. I received a picture of a full pint glass via text and the subject said said, "Had to have one". I texted back, " Lucky Bastard. That looks delectable." No response... Time went by and nothing. In my land of make believe I received a text that said, " Hurry up and get out of work. Meet me at the bar and I will buy you a beer!" My land of make believe is ROSIER. That text doesn't exist in the real world.

Later on when I got home I decided to have a glass of wine. All I have here is red wine, not my favorite, but beggars can't be choosers. So, I took a picture of my glass of wine and sent it to my friend. My friend said, " I see you are imbibing yourself. lol" (Btw, I hate LOL - but that is another blog for another day). I texted back, "Ya. Having 1 glass. Need to boost my spirits (no pun intended). And nothing... I could seriously here crickets and it's not because my slider was open.

In my land of make believe (now this isn't too difficult) I received a text stating something like WHY DO YOU NEED TO BOOST YOUR SPIRITS? or something asking me why the funk, you know? And nothing...

This leads me to believe that I either have a vivid imagination of how I should be treated or no one really understands me and what I want. Maybe it is a sign to tell me that the person from whom I want this validation isn't the person to give it to me? Which I am sure is the point because Garth Brooks wouldn't sing about it if it wasn't the truth... Nonetheless, I crave this attention and I am ready for this attention, but why am I not getting it?

So, who ever coined the theory of every action has an equal and opposite reaction based that theory on the fact that whatever KATIE MILLS wants to happen, the result is the equal and opposite response. Thanks DUDE. You suck.

*** Addendum***
About an hour and a half (or more) from my last text, I got one from my friend. We chatted back and forth and I told my friend that since I was in a weird mood could he say something that would make me smile... The text back was, "Tomorrow is Friday and Dave Matthews is waiting to see you Saturday". This made me smile (although I will not be attending the Hartford shows), it definitely shows a valiant effort... SMILES.

No comments: