Followers

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My top 10 Favorite DAVE MATTHEWS BAND songs and why

1.) Dancing Nancies - 23 so tired of life, such a shame to throw it all away... At 23 when I first heard this song, I thought Dave was actually singing to me specifically.

2.) Grey Street - There's a loneliness inside her and she'll do anything to fill it in. And though it's red blood bleeding from her now it feels like cold blue ice in her heart. She feels like kicking out all the windows and setting fire to this life. She could change everything about her using colors bold and bright, but all the colors mix together to grey..
Seriously, when I get my sleeve tattoos, on my left arm, somehow, those lyrics will be in that tattoo. This is just a beautiful song.

3.) Crush - before these crowded streets came out just as I was coming back from Spain - this song is part of the DMB orgasm trifecta (three specific songs played back to back to back could cause orgasm, I swear). AM I RIGHT SIDE UP OR UPSIDE DOWN, IS IT REAL OR AM I DREAMING?

4.) Grace is Gone... This song came out after I saw Dave at the Garden (the first time I ever saw him in doors and I didn't know the name of this song but thought it was beautiful... It doesn't hurt that my niece's name is Grace and I want to take her to see Dave when she is older...
One drink to remember then one drink to forget. I think of every day to find a love like you again.... OH to have love like this...

5.) Say Good-bye... my roommate in Spain had the crash CD and I just listened to this song over and over again... Loving the words and how beautiful they are. Plus, Dave never sings the song the same way - and I believe the first time I saw Dave they sang this song... It is heaven! (one of the Orgasm Trifecta)

6.) All Along the Watchtower - if Dave hits the high note at the end of this song, it is the final part of the DMB orgasm trifecta! This song is the ultimate last song - especially the way it was played day 1 at Fenway this year. Tim Reynolds guitar solo went into Stairway to Heaven and then back to watchtower... Hey... NO REASON TO GET EXCITED!!!!

7.) Long Black Veil. This song is a favorite because this CD I put in a jukebox at what used to be my favorite bar in Keene. I have this theory that most of my favorite songs are either song 7 or 8 on a disc and I got to play this song every time I was at my favorite bar. Plus, I first heard this song on a tribute show to Johnny Cash!

8.) Angel - I love this song because it reminds of a line from my favorite movie - Eddie and the Cruisers - "Words and music man, words and music." What amazes me about this song is how beautiful the words of the song are and how glorious the music is. How did they decide these words with those particular notes? It is beautifully orchestrated. (this song is also a number 8 on a CD). Plus, a friend of mine told me once to call him if Dave sang this song, so I did, so it makes me think of a friend.

9.) Gravedigger - I love this song even more so after hearing it both nights at Fenway this year when Dave and Willie sang it together. I want this song played at my funeral and if they release the version of Willie and Dave together -I want that one played at my funeral.

10.) Spoon. Dave and Alanis together. Pure Magic...

2 comments:

ldolloph said...

Which bar for #7?

Dirty Kat Box said...

City Tap and Table... It used to be uptown subs. It doesn't exist anymore - new owners, new name - Lab and Lager, I think.