Followers

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Big Bag of Nerves

I had my second interview today for a job I REALLY want... I think I may have gotten cocky because a person from the NH Department of Labor called the people who interviewed me during the 1st interview to sing my praises. He outright told me that he doesn't go to bat for anyone. So, I think in my head I had this sign, sealed and delivered. Plus, I looked so DAMN HOT today that if they were actually basing their decision on HOTNESS, hands down I would already have been offered the position. My outfit was slammingly appropriate, my make-up and hair came out great - what else could I have asked for?

The same two women who interviewed me last week called me into a different conference room from before. Then someone new came into the room. It was the guy who HIRED the current CEO of the company. He asked me mostly all the same questions from the 1st interview and I am very adept at verbalizing how awesome I am. That was it for the verbal part of the interview. He excused himself and then they handed me their test!!!! (Might I add when I signed in today they had the same sign in sheet from Friday and only 1 other person had signed in since Friday for an interview).

This test was to write a letter denying something that wasn't worker's compensation related. Seriously, no problem. The 2nd part was to fill out initial paperwork (which at my current employment we have PEOPLE that do that for us) and I had to reserve this file. I have never done initial reserves for claims nor have I done this paperwork - but I had an idea on how to do so. My only issue was that this file should have paperwork filled out for Partial Disability - and I didn't know the formula to do so (I use a calculator provided by the DOL). So, I made a rough estimate in my mind.

Man, I hope I mailed it. I really want this job. I don't think I have ever wanted anything so badly. PLEASE SEND ME POSITIVE VIBES!

I watched the movie Yes Man last night and I really think it has such a positive message and I think I need to take from that movie and use it in my own life... YES, YES, YES I will get this job!!!!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

Do they know when they expect to make their final decision?