Followers

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Aghast

Yesterday was a busy day with a two hour training session at work and then tons of deadlines to meet and miles to go before I sleep... Then I get an email that makes me push away from my desk and practically yell, "OH MY GOD!"

I got an email that I friend of mine, with whom I used to work at the Dover Liberty Office, decided to put a gun to her head and shoot on Monday, December 1st. I had just emailed her at her work address my new cell phone number too.

She had emailed me previously about how she had switched jobs at Dover and was doing FMLA and was so happy. I realized that was 2-3 months ago. I feel horrible and just down right sad about this. She has a 10 or 11 year old son. A very handsome boyfriend, who I heard was going to propose to her on Christmas.

She had recently been through a lot since before I left the office in April. Something happened to her left leg and it was like it had been asleep for 18 hours and she lost the use of it and had to do rehab and was walking with a cane. Then I found out from her that she had had two seizures at work and was diagnosed with a seizure disorder. We had been friends on myspace and I would get updates that way, but I hadn't heard anything in a while and now this.

I feel like a bad friend, but more so I just feel so sad. I know life is tough and people get handed lemons a lot, but I can never forget that there is always a silver lining or tomorrow is a brand new day.

Tomorrow is the wake. I will be there but tomorrow will be a sad, sad day.

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

That is sad news. You're not a bad friend...life just happens.