Followers

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Shoulder Update

I went to Concord Orthopaedics for the first time since 1995 and had my shoulder looked at by a very handsome Dr. Casey. I was relieved to hear it wasn't my rotator cuff, so no surgery would be needed.

Dr. Casey advised that it is probably an inflammation of the bicep tendon sheath. Dr. Casey assists with the Fisher Cats and said this is definitely a baseball/softball injury because there wasn't an actual incident; just sore after a week where we played three games in a row.

Dr. Casey gave me two options: An injection or physical therapy. He said an injection would be quick and easy and should take away the inflammation but it is painful and I may have a topical reaction to it. He said therapy would be ultrasound and something else that would help me work to decrease the inflammation.

Sure I would like to have immediate gratification, but I would also like to know ways to keep this from happening again... So, I opted for physical therapy. I have to call Coppola PT on Monday and do three weeks of pt and then go back and see Dr. Casey after pt.

I know I am not a doctor, I just play one on TV, however I am worried about adhesive capsulitis(frozen shoulder)... So, I will keep you all posted after I start pt!

No comments: