Followers

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. (Don't let your kids read this)

One Christmas when I was very young. I had a nightmare and came down stairs to sleep in between my parents... In doing so, I passed out for a little bit and sat up because I heard bells. I actually heard Jingle bells. When I woke up and rubbed the sleep from my eyes, I looked out the window and a crap you not I saw a slay with eight reindeer going by, FLYING THRU THE AIR. I swore I had seen Santa. This happened probably around the age of 6 or 7...

Since I had believed I had witnessed Santa flying thru the Tilton sky, it never donned on me otherwise... Not until I was 12/13 years old. That was the Christmas that we were going to Florida so we celebrated Christmas early. I had no idea that we were going to have our presents early. I have ALWAYS been a snoop. Up until recently when I was still speaking w/ my mom, I would go to her house and I would still have to look through her top drawer... That is where her jewelry is and I still have to look at it when I go there - but I digress...

When we lived on School Street, I knew my mom would have presents for us (other than from Santa) and I knew she would hide them. In the kitchen on school street, there was a storage space above the 2nd half of the kitchen area. So, I pulled the dishwasher over (it was the kind you had to wheel over and plug a hose into the sink), crawled up on top and opened the storage area - it had a barn looking door on it, very rustic looking. In that room, I had hit the mother load. There were tons of unwrapped dolls (I collected special dolls for display from all over the world) and books and toys... Now, I didn't think that this had anything to do with Santa because they weren't wrapped and I didn't know better. However, when we opened our presents, some with tags addressed from Santa, they were gifts I saw in the storage space. I THEN realized there wasn't a Santa.

I still, to this day, try to figure out what I saw flying in the sky... Maybe i heard wind chimes, not Jingle bells, but I don't ever remember us having wind chimes on School street... Maybe it was a dream, but I felt lucid. Maybe my dad had something hanging in the window? Who knows. I really thought I saw Santa. I would like to think I really did, but still... To this day my mom still tells me the TOOTH FAIRY has all my baby teeth.

No comments: