Followers

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Always kiss me goodnight

I went back online to the dating sites. Friday night after going out to dinner with my sister and having two Killian's, I came home and went onto a site reading profiles and getting my face out there - w/ a brand new pic. There is a certain feeling about being in control and trying to see if a person is interesting or interested. It is safe from your own living room and if the guy isn't interested C'est la vie, right? No harm, no foul.

I started chatting with this guy who lives right here in Concord. 44 years old, just got out of a 15 year marriage. (Sounds vaguely familiar).... It was fun to send emails back and forth and to be flirty and in control of the conversation - but this guy turned into an ASS. I mean OH MY GOD ass. He was demanding my name and my phone number. No thanks. He wanted me to call him. I said, "I don't call guys, guys call me." He stated he didn't have my number and I told him there was a reason for that. With me, I have a tough exterior in the beginning, if you can get past that then you are in. This dude couldn't get past it. He was digging a hole deeper and deeper.

So, I guess at a certain time of the night (or morning) they shut down the site. And I was relieved. When I got up at 3pm the next day, I checked the site and he had made a comment about how I had wussed out or something... WHAT? So, I totally told him I didn't enjoy our time together and GOOD-BYE and blocked him. No fun.

Seriously, don't be a dick. Obviously some how or other we are all damaged goods but leave a good impression. I am deserving of a happy ending but that won't be happening with this dude.

I was watching my dvr'd stuff and caught up on One Tree Hill and there were two first dates and two first kisses. I miss that. Not first dates but kissing... Eventually I won't have to miss it anymore, but what I don't have to worry about, or should I say 44 year old dude won't get the opportunity to kiss this. Too bad, so sad.

2 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

you will meet someone nice!!!! and block the bozos. good idea!

ldolloph said...

Good for you getting back out there!