Followers

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Anyone who knows me....

Anyone who knows me, knows that my work/life ratio is in the crapper lately. I am working 10 hour days only to return to my humble abode and work on the lap top from home (which is pretty much an Apple 2E)...

Last night I had completed my paid 7.5 hours, working diligently trying to stay on top of my desk. I was here on my own free will, working because I wanted to not because I had to. Also, people who know me know I am not a quiet person. If you could be a fly on the wall of my cubicle, you would notice that I don't really talk at all... ALL DAY. I take calls from claimants, lawyers, providers offices, the Department of labor. I ask work related questions to colleagues. I sit at my desk and work. Occasionally I will get up and have a conversation for less than 5 minutes (because I don't take my two 15 minute breaks or my half hour/forty-five minute lunch break ever).

Okay - now that I have set the stage, I am here after hours on my own free will. I stop my work and turn to a colleague and start discussing a file. It is well past 6pm close to 7pm. There are three of my colleagues with me and there is a soft radio playing in the back ground. Again, those who know me also know when I get heated about a subject my voice raises... So, out of the blue, a MANAGER springs out of the wood work and tells me to quiet down. SERIOUSLY? Seriously!

Again, anyone who knows me knows I don't do well with being told to be quiet or told to relax or told to calm down. I do not deserve to be scolded. It wasn't like we were horsing around and someone could be injured or if there was ANYONE else in the building other than the dude vacuuming.

This happened over 12 hours ago and it still makes steam come out my ears. What was the point? Why was it necessary. It just made me want to storm off and slam a door.

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHH!

No comments: