Followers

Monday, January 19, 2009

OMG

Anyone who knows me, knows I am a caring, sensitive person. I often put others needs and feelings before my own.

I walk into work this morning and a co-worker goes into hysterics because she heard some devastating news. One of my co-workers jumps up after this woman and then I intend to follow as well, just trying to be helpful because I intrinsically care for this person's well-being, you know?

Well, one of the other co-workers who has witnessed what just transpired, looks at me and tells me to sit down. NO LIE. EXCUSE ME?!?! Last time I checked you weren't my mother (my mom at least knows how to chew her gum quietly).

I WAS FLABBERGASTED. I know that people don't like to be swarmed or whatever, but it is in my GD nature to want to help people in their time of need. I ask random strangers on the side of the road if they need a cell phone to call for help or anything. SERIOUSLY.

This person telling me to sit down is like telling me to relax, or telling me to be quiet, you know? It gets my hackles up and makes me VERY defensive. As we know from previous posts about this person, I already want to punch her in the face so I definitely need some advise on how to refrain from breaking her jaw.

Any ideas on how to deal with this person? I have tried the ignoring route. Being the bigger person is HARDER than it looks.

No comments: