Followers

Monday, September 7, 2009

1st day on skates

Wow, was it daunting. I really thought it would be easier because all the girls make it look so easy. WRONG...

Thank god I started working out a month ago because if I hadn't I would have been toast yesterday. I still have add more to my work outs because core strength is important.

It was great - but the appropriate stance to not fall down is in a squat. I got pooped out really quickly and my legs were shaking like they were going to give out.

I am really nervous about going to practice Thursday because I was so freaking pooped but we shall see! Everyone just say prayers for me that I can pull this off. 7 more practices til I get my derby name!

1 comment:

ldolloph said...

I know you can pull this off! I'm so excited to hear about your progress and to see pictures of the new you! I check your blog every day to see if there's a new posting! Miss you!