Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Take me out to the ball game?

Friday a bunch of former coworkers went to the Fisher Cats' game. Originally we all had tickets the day before my last day at liberty and I was going to throw out the 1st pitch. It was pouring and they game HAD to be played because there was no time to make up the game. So, the people that actually went to the game could use their old ticket stub to get a free ticket to any game they wanted. It was decided we would go on August 28th... I lost my ticket so I had to pay the whopping $8 to get a new ticket.

Well, we find our seats and approximately 10 rows in front of me is my first real boyfriend. The boy I lost my virginity to on August 11, 1994.... WITH HIS WHOLE FAMILY. His wife, his kids, his brother, his brother's wife, his wife's sister... Oh ya. Mind you, when my grandmother died this guy's brother was getting married and my mom didn't let me go to my grandmother's funeral because I was to go their wedding on the cape in 1996. Yup, missed my Grandmother' funeral for this family...

This was just surreal because I hadn't seen him since 1999... THE DAY OF GRADUATION... And I liked that I hadn't seen him. Well, he has not aged well. He still has his chicken legs, but he has DEFINITELY thickened up, his forehead has turned into a 6 or 8 head because his hairline is receding and he looks old. Mind you, his birthday is in 2 weeks and he will turn 33, so I am actually older than him... The best part of this is that my friends couldn't believe that HE was my ex and that I was actually older than him. They MADE this into a better event than it could have been. SERIOUSLY... They kept asking me if he was my professor in college and how did I know his real birthday because he looks far too old to actually be younger than me... Just made it better.

Sadly, a flood of emotions came into my brain about seeing this guy again. He is the only serious boyfriend I have ever had that I have dated for over a year... 2.5 years from the time I was 18 til I was 20. I thought I was going to be with him for the rest of my life. I am okay that we are not together because he did some hurtful things and said some even more hurtful things. In fact, what he said was SO hurtful to me that I still can't get over what he said and it has been over 10 years since he said them to me....

Nonetheless, while I know that I am the cutest person EVER, it makes me feel a million times better to know that this guy looks older than Methuselah.

2 comments:

H said...

Hah! I know the feeling...you can't help but feel a little smug when you see a certain someone from the past just isn't what he used to be. Petty maybe, but we're entitled!

H said...

And, dude, that's crazy that your mom wouldn't let you go to your grandmother's funeral b/c of the wedding. Misplaced priorities much?