Followers

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Practice #5 - after a whole week....

Last Sunday we didn't have practice because CMRD (Central Mass Roller Derby) had a fundraiser and I WENT TO SYTYCD on TOUR...

Come Monday morning, I was sicker than a dog... I started not feeling well Saturday and it was like a down hill sprint to sickness... I was supposed to go to a training on Monday in Nashua for how to change my wheels and stuff. Tuesday I was supposed to go to Roby park and practice outside and Thursday I was supposed to got to Tyngsboro, MA for regular practice. I was so sick I didn't do any of these or go to work for 5 days...

Therefore tonight was practice #5... I heard Thursday's practice was over 3 hours of endurance and stamina building that would make even the most competent Fresh Meat almost cry.... I probably picked a good practice to be too sick to practice. Tonight's practice was amazing... Went off with Terri while NHRD scrimmaged against CMRD. FINALLY was able to do a T stop and practiced weaving to the point where a crossover may be coming my way soon. I just need to stretch and get my legs ready for that position....

After being off to the side, we all came together and Tank'd Girl and May B. Knotty ran practice. We did 5 minutes of suicides doing one type of stop... Another 5 minutes of suicides doing a different stop... We did laps and some drills about how to enter back into the track if you get bumped out by a blocker or if you bump out a jammer what to do...

We did some more stop drills... What killed me the most was the last 4 minutes of practice... Two minutes without PICKING YOUR SKATES UP OFF THE FLOOR of doing laps... ALL EIGHT ON THE FLOOR, no picking up a skate to push oneself... KICKED MY ASS... Then after the 2 minutes were up, we turned to skate counter clockwise and do the same thing... HOLY HELL...

3 more practices and I will be able to have my derby name. I am going with SKATEY KAT... Plus my number will be ME0W and the zero is ME0W will have the kitty ears, whiskers and tail... LOVE IT!!!! Some of the fresh meat have great derby names - Terri wants Harmony Lix (like how many licks will it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop... she had to explain it to me.) Melissa wants MZcheif n Mayhem... VERY CREATIVE!!!!

No comments: