Followers

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Ataque de los nervios

You know, I don't understand what causes anxiety. It bothers me that certain things give me the palps.

The definition of Anxiety is:

1. distress or uneasiness of mind caused by fear of danger or misfortune

2. earnest but tense desire; eagerness:

3. Psychiatry. a state of apprehension and psychic tension occurring in some forms of mental disorder

Let's think about this - because not only do I get anxious - my brain spins things to this crazy end result - which most times has no logical, plausible way of occurring...
So, that could be uneasiness of mind caused by fear or misfortune. It could be my eagerness or is it a mental disorder?

It befuddles me that one day I can be so fraught w/ panic and anxiety that I can feel my heart beating out of my chest - and the next day - same kind of day - no problem but worried that my friend may be upset because the last time I was over I forgot to throw away a soda can.

Solutions could be that I need to go back to the gym and use that nervous energy to lose some weight, which could possibly decrease my anxiety and therefore relax a little. I am motivated to do that but I am lazy. Lazy because I finally have a life now and before when I was going to the gym and working out three hours a day 7 days a week I became OBSESSED - and I had no life. I don't want that again.

Yesterday, amongst friends, I had an epiphany. Sometimes I think my caffeine intake increases my anxiety. However, it dawned on me that maybe i am so drained because of my nervous energy that I partake in a lot of caffeine, which may lead more nervous energy to ensue - and it is cyclical.

So, now that I have a hypothesis, don't I have to have a theory to stop this nonsense? I don't have one. Maybe it is just enough today to have this hypothesis. I can't stress about that right now, I have to worry about too many other important things - like if I threw away the Sunkist can at my friends house? Why didn't I offer to take their rubbish to the dumpster? Did I pay back my friend the 20 cents she loaned me? will my niece mind that I haven't sent her a sweet 16 card yet? When will I get stamps to send out the anniversary cards that I meant to mail on 7/2... and so it goes.

1 comment:

Carianne said...

you can leave as many soda cans around as you would like. Have you seen the place!?!