Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Riddle me this...

I am curious why life has to be so confusing and hard? I know there is an old adage (specifically made famous by an Aerosmith song) "Life's a journey, not a destination". *I THINK* I mean, I get it - I know if life was easy there wouldn't be much to talk about in life, but I think there are some things that should just be made easy (or at least easier). I think I will list them...

1.) I think that LOVE should be a little easier - I think that social interactions between man/woman (woman/woman, man/man, man/horse *I'M KIDDING*) should be somewhat easier to understand. Yes, I know men are from Mars and women are from Venus and if there wasn't a chase people may not be interested in an easy relationship. But that's just it - shouldn't relationships be easy? If you have met the right person, shouldn't everything fit and there be no worries? Right? I, for one, am so sick of drama in my life. I have recently come to deal with issues with friends who thrive and create drama in their life - and I am thru with that. I want to be able, at the end of the day, while I am all tucked into bed, reflect at my drama free day, heave a sigh of relief and slip off to a restful slumber... Isn't that awesome? Now, add a love life to the drama free night's sleep and I am one happy lady. I think something has to be said about how back in the day, when the notes would come out and say - DO YOU LIKE ME, CIRCLE YES OR NO... Mind you, my sophomore year of high school I got one of those letters - and a word was spelled wrong and it still vexes me, but I digress - but those letters put it all out there - I want love to be like that - NO HOLDS BARRED - TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. I will tell you what I think and then we can discuss...

2.) I think being a parent should be easier to those who put a great effort into being a parent. Let me explain - I think that if you are a person who gets impregnated only to obtain welfare and state aid - then I think being a parent should be so effen difficult that it makes you not want to procreate any more... However, I think that if a parent tries so hard to be a good parent and does everything he/she can to provide for his/her progeny to the point where sacrifices are made - then I almost wish that his/her kids could be like Stepford kids... In the sense that they have their own personality and whatever, but when the parent says please stop whining -it stops and there is no issue. Wouldn't that make life so much easier.

3.) This is just wishful thinking - but I think life would be so much easier if things were free - I know we aren't living in a Utopia, I get that - but wouldn't life be less stressful if there was a bartering system - goods for goods, so we wouldn't have debt and craziness like we have now - I betcha the suicide rate would go down... My sis and I watched a TV show about credit card debt - it was like a Michael Moore-esque documentary and there were two moms talking about how their children committed suicide because they couldn't pay their credit card bills - because they signed up for credit cards for the free t-shirt on their college campus... CASE IN POINT.

I am sure there are other things that should be easier - and when I come across them I will definitely add them onto the list - but this was my first installment.