Followers

Thursday, September 18, 2008

always the funny gal

I was thinking the other day that a lot of overweight women lean towards being the funny girl. I wonder if it is "our way" of fitting in? A lot of times it is very self-deprecating - but I feel it is much better to make fun of oneself before someone else does...

Why is it that we think we have to be silly? Or is that our niche? Like I LOVE making people laugh, I actually think it is my defense mechanism. When the going gets tough, Katie will break the ice, or Katie will say something light hearted to bring a smile out. I know I am a goof ball and that I am just full blown odd, but what made me want to be a silly goose?

It can't be the fat cells, can it?

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

It's my defense too..

Unknown said...

It is absolutely a defense mechanism. It's a way to get people to see beyond the fat. Plus, it gives us a little more material...