Followers

Monday, September 8, 2008

The VMA's Sucked eggs thru a straw

I haven't watched the VMA's in years - but back in the day they were awesome. This year was the 25th anniversary of the VMA's and there could have been so many different things they could have done to commemorate this anniversary - but they didn't.

They did make it a point to say that Brit hadn't won a VMA ever - and won she did last night, she won THREE TIMES - and I think it was rigged as like a publicity stunt or something. Per my Yoda, Pepsi sponsored the VMA's and Brit used to have a contract w/ them - coincidence, I think not.

Also, I was informed that the radio was saying that Brit wouldn't have shown up if she didn't know she was winning. I agree. Up until the last minute, we thought she was performing, hence watching the DAMN SHOW.

I was partially psyched to see Christina Aguliera and I think she was lip syncing and she did a Marilyn Manson-esque version of Genie in a Bottle. She looked good, but I wasn't impressed w/ her performance of a bubble gum song, SUPER BITCH -with cape and everything, like it was a super hero.

I was also disappointed that there was no mention of the passing of Leroi - I think The Dave Matthews Band has won a VMA here or there, so I found that quite rude.

I would ask for my money back on that show. PINK WAS THE BEST PART OF THE WHOLE NIGHT AND I CAN'T WAIT TIL HER ALBUM COMES OUT. She did have a slight wardrobe malfunction, but it was okay. SHE MADE THE WHOLE DAMN SHOW WORTH WHILE.

I am interested in hearing what anyone else has to say who watched it so PLEASE COMMENT!

3 comments:

Carianne said...

I agree! Without Pink's wardrobe malfunction, (meow!) tha whole night would have been a waste of time!

Carianne said...

sorry about the gangsta "tha". I meant the!

Mama Mia said...

Since I LOVE BRIT, I will come to her defense and say that MTV didn't say she was performing, it was a rumor..as far as I knew...i had heard she was opening like she did...HOWEVER that guy that hosted SUCKED MY BUTT...I did't like him AT ALL..I actualy went to bed b/c he was getting on my nerves..i wish I saw Pink..GRR..hope you don't mind my opinion...