Followers

Monday, September 1, 2008

Laundry ettiquette

So, I did laundry today. The first time in my new building - mind you I haven't even completely moved in yet - like stuff still in storage - but I needed work clothes. So, I get down there and what a debacle.

A dryer had clothes in it - done. Then a washer had a basket w/ money and a dryer sheet on it, just waiting to go in the dryer.

So, at around 1ish (mind you it is 4:49pm and I just finished laundry, now I need to fold - my favorite part) I used one washer and one dryer. By the 2nd load, I was fed up and put random person's clothes in the dryer w/ aforementioned dryer sheet and used their quarters to start it up... YOU'RE FREAKIN WELCOME. I took the other clothes that were dry just waiting to be removed and put them on the table.

I didn't want to touch other people's clothes - dry or clean - but geesh, I feel guilty when I am minutes late to get my laundry out of the machine. When I do laundry I set an alarm to go down every twenty minutes to put in fabric softener and all that jazz.

I wish I had a laundry room right in my apartment. I used to three apartments ago. It was awesome. I MISS IT GREATLY.

So, I ask you, what would you have done?

No comments: