Followers

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

dumbfounded

First off, isn't it amazing how sometimes you hear these words over and over again but you don't really know what they mean. Sunday, at Target, in their $1 bins, they had this TODAY I AM magnet board with all the little miss and Mr. Men (which I loved when I was a kid) and I have aways wanted one of those mood magnets. So, I was looking at it wondering which mood I was today - and for the record there is no MR. Nosy on there (which was my favorite one)... There is a Little Miss Fickle - and I realized I couldn't tell you what fickle means... So, I went to my favorite website (Dictionary.com) did you know that fickle means:
1.likely to change, esp. due to caprice, irresolution, or instability; casually changeable: fickle weather.
2. not constant or loyal in affections: a fickle lover.

Secondly, I am dumbfounded at how wonderful people can be when they face adversity. I don't know how to explain this without being a bitch - so I am going to do my best and provide an analogy using Casey, my big, fat cat as the principle role.

(this is harder than I thought...) Say while I was at work I got a phone call that my friends Cyn and Carianne could no longer keep my big, fat cat anymore. That they were tired of dealing with him and they are giving me two weeks notice to find someone else to take care of him. In doing so, I would have to change my whole work schedule sacrificing my own free time just to take care of said fat cat... But I never got angry or anxiety ridden, I just knew what I had to do and made these sacrifices without a second thought due to the importance of my fat cat, who is like my baby. (DISCLAIMER- Cyn and Carianne would never be so callous about Casey as they love him deeply).
This type of reaction to adversity (which I looked up too) just leaves me in awe that people can react appropriately without flying off the handle or crying or whatever people do - and just know what is right and good. Amazing.

No comments: