Followers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

I want my money back

On my ride to work this morning, the radio station was talking about Concerts that were so bad that people wanted their money back. So, I was wracking my brain to think of any that I would have requested a refund.

I consider myself a connoisseur of concerts - I LOVE LIVE MUSIC- So, I would go and see Andrea Boccelli just to enjoy the live music (okay, maybe not, but you get my point).

Last weekend I went to see The Rock And Rebels Tour w/ Lynyrd Skynyrd and Kid Rock. I didn't have too high of hopes for this show, but let me tell you, it was awesome. I found out THAT DAY that Neil Diamond was playing at Fenway and was wicked bummed that I hadn't gotten tickets for that show. Today, however, the radio was saying that the show sucked, so I feel better. Nonetheless, the Kid Rock show made me a fan- what a performer and to say I heard Free Bird and Sweet Home Alabama performed live is something that I will remember for as long as I can.

So, I was thinking because I have seen the Dave Matthews Band perform 10 times - and they are a different type of show. They jam, they don't really interact with the crowd. I love their music so much, as they are my favorite, but what a difference a show makes when the performer INTERACTS with the crowd and drops references to the location in each song. I mean, Dave talks but sometimes you can't understand what he is saying... SO NOT DISSING DAVE as I HEART HIM MORE THAN WORDS CAN SAY - but it is such a different perspective to relate his shows which I have seen so many times to someone else.

I have seen Aerosmith three times and each time their show gets better and better. The first time I saw Aerosmith was just to see Lenny Kravitz open up for him -and what an amazing night that was. The night before the show Lenny Kravitz' father passed away and the show still went on - he dedicated a song to his dad - let love rule- and walked thru the crowds at Mohegan Sun just singing his heart out. SO TOUCHING...

I have seen the Monkees three times and Davey Jones twice - and both times seeing Davey Jones I got to meet him - the last time he kissed me on the cheek - Oh ya... Oh, and when I saw The Monkees perform the last time, GREG BRADY opened up for them and he even wore the Johnny Bravo Jacket. FOR REAL!

I have seen Van Halen with Sammy Hagar once and then Sammy Hagar alone doing his Cabo Wabo tour thing - and he is a showman.

So, I guess the only show I would ask for a refund for would be Alanis Morrisette. I am a huge fan of hers, but when I saw her in 1996 she performed for an hour at UNH and she was pulling her hair out of her head and it was just odd. Yes, she was new on the scene and it was her Jagged Little Pill tour, but it disheartened me on concerts. Nonetheless, I didn't let that one show change how much I loved her music, and still do.

I have tickets for Farm Aid coming up September 20th - which will be Dave Matthews, John Cougar Meloncamp, WILLIE NELSON and Neil Young - can't wait to see that show. Kenny Chesney is performing - I would like to hear She thinks my tractor is Sexy but that's it - but allegedly the Allman Brother's might be there as well as Alison Kraus and Robert Plant - to say I saw a part of Led Zeppelin perform would be KICK ASS. I will keep you posted.

Please comment on any shows you disliked that you would want your money back, I would love to hear.

****BY THE WAY, I HEART DAVE MATTHEWS BAND*****

No comments: