Followers

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's a wonderful life

I seriously couldn't have asked for a better Monday yesterday, for realsies.

Work was good, I even negotiated with an Attorney - not a complete settlement, but I felt prepared for the real deal - the thousand dollar types.

I left work on time, went home, changed my clothes, stopped at a friends house briefly and then my friend and I went to get food to make dinner. It started out that I would cook and then he wanted steak and I had never cooked steak, so I basically peeled the potatoes.

SPEAKING OF POTATOES - they were the best damned potatoes I have ever had - I am not going to give away the secret, but I think I dreamt of the potatoes. Dinner was fantastic and so was the rest of the evening.

I know I sound like a sap most of the time stating how great it is to have really great, close friends at one's finger tips daily, but it really does make a difference. For example, I hadn't seen Carianne or Cyn for like 12-24 hours and I couldn't catch up on all the doings that I missed in that time quick enough. I am really excited to know that I moved back to this area at a great time and have come in contact with great people from my past and now my present.

It truly is a wonderful life!

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

I am cracking up b/c I am thinking of the time you had to go to that guys place and cut his steak...remember he lived in our building, what was his name???

Dirty Kat Box said...

Oh - what was his name.... Was it Roger? or was roger the guy who had the scary voice?