Followers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

And the Oscar goes to....

I love the Oscars like it is my job... It is my favorite award show because it simply puts all my favorite people in the same room through whom I live vicariously.

My first question to the Attorney on site of the filming of the MOLE was when do I get my membership card for being a member of the ACADEMY (or the Screen Actors Guild) so I could vote for the Oscars. I was sadly disheartened when he LAUGHED (threw his head back and laughed to heavens) to my question. Reality shows do not afford that kind of benefit to their casts (And thank goodness because Flava of Love, I love New York and Rock of Love would be the cast of shady characters picking best film of the year. Scary.)

I like how they changed the presentation of the big awards this year to have former winners speak about each nominee... It makes me misty... I cried for Penelope Cruz and stood up and applauded saying, "VIVA ESPANA!"

However, the Heath Ledger Oscar presentation got me good; floored me like a punch to the gut. A blubbering purple mess on the floor - which I haven't been since the FINALE of 90210! (And I know I will be that way for the in Memoriam too).

Good bless you OSCARS for being the highlight of my year. Maybe one year you will be sitting at home watching me THANKING THE ACADEMY... Wouldn't that be nice? I already know how my speech would start, "Most people thank God first - and that's what I am going to do first - I would like to thank MICHAEL J. FOX....."

1 comment:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

i love watching the awards this year too and i hadnt even seen any of the movies. haha.
i loved that they had the former winners talk about the nominees.