Followers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When is a flirt not a flirt?

Today I went to Physical Therapy. Last Friday my back was so tight the woman therapist wanted me to treat this week with one of the doctoral candidates who was doing his practicum or whatever doctoral candidates do while working on their doctorate... She wanted me to treat with the guys because they get a better leverage to help press on certain places and help stretch better due to their stature.

So, I walk in today and a guy walks out and shakes my hand and says, "Hey, how's your arm?" and I said fine (I really haven't been treating for my arm, it was my shoulder and now it is my neck and shoulder blade) I said Hi, My name is Katie - and he was like, never mind, you aren't mine... I go and sit back down.

Then another man comes out and I said, are you mine? and he said yes. So, we start our session and I have to get in a johnny so I can get an ultrasound and a little massage. Before I begin discussing what happened, I should probably admit that now that I am out of my funk I seem to instantly have a crush on this male. This guy would not turn my head on the street but his voice was soothing, he has good style (pin striped pants and nice shoes) and wears spectacles. He also made fun of me a little bit about my socks. For those who know me, know that I give guys a hard time in the beginning but I like someone who dishes it out a little too and he did that.

So, I disrobe and get in the johnny and I lie face down in the table and he instigated conversation with me... Since I am not a quiet person we talked about stuff from how my day was, about the super bowl, his shoes, TV and where he studied and stuff about his schooling. We bantered back and forth. I even mentioned how I was going to start working towards my Master's and about what I got my undergraduate degree in.

He talked to me about proper stretches and did the whole Physical Therapy stuff. I asked some questions and he answered and made a few references about how out going I am and how I have a great personality and making a lot of comments of how up beat I am. Then, he switched the therapist that I was supposed to see on Friday so that I would treat with him. He stated he was excited to have my up beat personality first thing in the morning.

Now, a lot of the reason why I am having issues w/ my shoulder, neck and back is posture. We discussed how I have to maintain my posture. I asked what the issue is and why women seem to have the most posture problem and he said it was due to our breasts and especially when one has big breasts, like yourself... UM, I have never been told I have big breasts EVER. Thank you. He said and I quote, "Do you have a cell phone, I should text you and remind you that you need to sit up straight!" And stupid me said, "Ya, I can put it on vibrate" In my head I totally DOH'ed myself in the forehead with the heal of my hand.

So, we small talked some more and he told me that he will see me on Friday. Okay, so really out of context this may all sound like a man who is doing his job, but there is something about a man who is touching you while you are partially robed and massaging your neck and stuff that kinda makes it feel different...

I am a very positive person and see a silver lining in everything, however there is a catch, I see the positivity and silver lining for other people, not myself. However, knowing this, I walked out of the PT office with a spring in my step and a smile on my face actually thinking, "OH MY GOD, HE WAS TOTALLY FLIRTING WITH ME!"

So, I ask you... Was this handsome doctoral candidate flirting with me and thoroughly enjoying my disposition and smiling face or was he simply doing his job? (Could there be a third option of all of the above? quite possibly....)

Nonetheless, I can't wait to see him Friday morning. I was going to change my appointment date/time but after that experience. HELL NO. Keeping that appointment, specifically because he switched to HAVE me as a client again. Meow Baby. Does Millsie got her groove back or is it just another case of me overreacting?

2 comments:

H said...

Kinda sounds like a flirt to me...can't wait to hear how Friday goes!

I love the vibrate comment (and the mental DOH!). That's classic!

Hey! I added the following thingie, now you must follow me :P

Mom of 3 Boys said...

funny katie ;)
enjoy your friday appt!