Followers

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Plenty of Fish.... MY ASS

A friend of mine from high school, who found me on facebook, have been chatting about dating and meeting people. She advised me of a site called PLENTYOFFISH.COM. So, I posted a profile and started emailing (FOR FREE) to guys who were attractive or interesting. What I thought was interesting was there were a lot of model-esque guys on there, they must be trolling for hook ups. Nice. That should have been strike 1.

So, I see a guy who has his home town of Northfield, NH. Nice! I grew up in that area and my parents currently live in Northfield. Maybe he is a good ole boy, who knows. I send him an email and he responds with a four word answer. I try to create some banter, call him on his four word answers. NEXT he asks me if I like to give head. Um, excuse me? Okay - BLOCK PERSON!!!

I don't understand online dating, lord knows I have had quite a few first dates from online dating and a few short lived relationships, but where do guys get off thinking they can troll these sites and treat women like whores? How about don't put I AM LOOKING FOR A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP and really only want a BJ.

Two people with in the last 24 hours have told me to try E harmony. While I think this is a great idea, something about having to pay to meet people makes me feel like a prostitute. Is this wrong? Is this old fashioned? What I do know is I am not going to meet people sitting in my living room watching re-runs of House. (believe me, I have tried and it doesn't work).

Plus, I am not a size 4. Guys want size 4 women without brains and preferably only to use their mouth for pleasuring them. The only guys that really email me from those sites are african american men. While there is nothing wrong with that, it doesn't pique my interest.

So, what is a single girl to do? I do not do the bar scene any more, plus- all the size 4's are out there wearing their pasties. I don't know what else to do. I know hanging out at the Concord Library isn't going to help either...

3 comments:

ldolloph said...

If I did online dating, I would do EHarmony. I figure that if you have to pay, you are more vested in the process and would take it more seriously. I also like the idea of a compatibility test so you are sent matches based on the results. I feel EHarmony people are probably looking for long term relationships where the other sites have a mix of people. I don't think paying for the site is being a prostitute: you're paying for the match results, not the person. Anyway, you never know where you'll meet someone...even the library!

Mama Mia said...

My friend Danielle is on Eharmony and she loves it...and I don't think it makes you a prostitute!

H said...

I saw a commercial for EHarmony while I was at the gym today and they're having a "free communication weekend" where you get to talk to your matches for free through Monday or something.

Might be worth a try? I hear that test is long, though, and you have a busy weekend...I know I've seen the commercial before so maybe it's something they do every few months or so.

I think I'd give it a try if I were single.