Followers

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Adventures in Babysitting

At 6am this morning, when I got up, I had a great idea for a blog today - a funny anecdote from the recesses of my mind - and now it is gone. It was funny. But no clue what it was

I woke up with the words to a song I have only heard ONCE in my life in my head and KENNY CHESNEY was in my dream - which took place on School Lane, which is an off shoot of the street I grew up on.

I REMEMBER NOW...

I have never been a babysitter really. I have babysat a few times in my life and the horrible times out weigh the good. Like the first time I babysat was for a newborn/infant. My mom was adamant that I take the babysitter course before I do any babysitting, which I think was smart because knowing me as well as I do, I should take a class before I do just about anything...

Well, with this baby, I had never EVER changed a real diaper. The babysitting course taught me how but not with real feces. So, I opened up this diaper and it was GREEEEEEEEEN. I definitely know it ain't easy being green because I vomited right on the child. OH YA. And there was the last time I EVER baby sat for an infant.

The 2ND horrible experience is when I was babysitting for neighbors up the road and the kids were in elementary/middle school so no diaper issues, but the house was set on a weird slope of the road where sometimes cars would end up in their front yard. Jokingly, before the parents went out they said, "DON'T BOTHER US, EVEN IF A CAR ENDS UP IN THE FRONT YARD!" (you know where this is going, huh?)

Lo and behold a car landed up in the front yard. Interestingly enough, my first thought was to call the police because the driver of the vehicle asked me not to call authorities because her license was SUSPENDED... DING DING DING... I called the police and then called the GRANDMOTHER of the kids I was watching to let her know the dilly...

So, this is why I do not EVER BABYSIT.

I also want to say along w/ my adventures in babysitting it is also an example of a SMALL WORLD. I used to work with the STEP MOTHER of the infant I vomited on (and am still good friends with her) and I just found out this morning that Shaine's mom used to go to the house where I was babysitting and hang out doing crafts. Shaine used to go with her at times, which means Shaine used to hang out 3 houses down from me.

Crazy, huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is indeed nutty! I am still laughing about the part where you said you should take a class before doing just about anything! I DEF lol'ed. I can't believe you barfed on that kid!! But dude, GREEN poo?? So not your fault!

Mama Mia said...

YOu are so funny