Followers

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Retinal detachment is not the issue

I just did a search online to determine what is kicking my left eye's ass (if it had an ass). At first I thought it was retinal detachment, it isn't:

Symptoms of Retinal Detachment
In most cases, retinal detachment develops slowly. The first symptom is often the sudden appearance of a large number of spots floating loosely in the eye. The person may not seek help, because the number of spots tends to decrease during the days and weeks before detachment. The person may also notice a curious sensation of flashing lights as the eye is moved.
Because the retina does not contain sensory nerves that relay sensations of pain, the condition is painless.

Because my issue is PAINFUL - it isn't this - but I was seeing Flashing lights and spots. So, then I googled EYE PAIN -
I have had a little Eyelash loss - so it says it could be Madrosis - which causes include infections, metabolic disorders, inflammation of the eyelid (AKA blephartis), certain drugs, lupus erthematosus and trauma. Or how about COMPUTER VISION SYNDROME - the symptoms are eye strain, dry eyes, blurred vision, red or pink eyes, burning, light sensitivity, headaches and pain in shoulders, neck and back. THAT COULD BE IT.

This website I found was A-Z for pain issues - I need to walk away.

No comments: