Followers

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Misadventures of Millsie J. Mills

That is what I want to name my book - because lord knows I have some crazy stories.

First and foremost - It would be about Millsie J. Mills because in college, everyone just called me by my last name, Mills - which I love. One of my friends, Shua, actually thought that Mills was my first name, and I said, "You are right, my name is Millsie J. Mills" and he asked what the J. stood for and I said ANDREW! hehehehe. (People who know me all too well will get the J./Andrew reference)

So, yesterday, wasn't a great day. A doctor really patronized me on the phone, my shoulder hurt and I just wanted to be home. I had decided that on my way home I would FINALLY stop at the library and get a library card. Cory Lee had advised me of a series of books she had read that she thought I would like, so I wanted to go. Plus, a few weeks before that Shaine had driven me by the Libs so I could see where it was. YAY. I had my application and my electric bill because I hadn't updated my license yet (I had w/ the DMV but not put a new sticker on the back). So, I take a left at Exit 14, head by the holiday inn and think I have enough time to make the yellow light. It turned red but I thought I had made it appropriately. Um.... NOPE!

FLASHING BLUES! I have only gotten ONE ticket in my life and it was in 2002, well, let's make that TWO NOW. I couldn't find my registration, I couldn't do a damn thing right and he gave me a $72 ticket. Oh ya. A warning would have sufficed. So, I still can't find my registration btw.

So, I accept my ticket, let him get back in his car. START BAWLING because I don't have spare cash for a ticket and then I realize I don't have any idea where the Libs is. I pulled over and started blubbering like an idiot and realized the damn library was right in front of me.

I go in, get my card and book and leave and as I was heading home, stopping at EVERY yellow light I see another Concord Cop pulling over another lady. They are on the prowl, so drive safe.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

I am so sorry you got a ticket, that STINKS...